Saturday, November 6, 2010

Espresso Worth the $350

Ok so for those of you who genuinely know me..i mean REALLY know me (i'm still working on opening up to most people) you know that i LOVE me a cappuccino. So on my last trip to see the Laker's in Phoenix i had to do my usual rounds at my usual stores...Crate and Barrell being a must everytime (i'm partial tot he one in Kierland Commons). So they had a friendly gal sampling some espresso from a Nespresso Machine. I agreed to try some and immediately i was tripped out at the crema it had on top.


I have bought many an espresso/cappuccino machine and they are such a pain to clean,to set-up and don't get me started on the milk-frother. Well when i found out this machine used a capsule instead of having to use grounds i didn't believe it. The espresso was so deep and rich that i could hardly believe it came from a capsule. Well kiss my grits. Not only that but it comes with a detachable milk frother. All you do is pour the milk in, put it back on the unit, push a damn button and within a minute it froths the milk...without a sound!!!!
Plus it has a separate attachment to just warm the milk and it can do cold froth too for iced lattes (i didn't even know that was possible).

So they have a huge variety of pods varying in strengths and flavors and this machine is remarkable that George Clooney endorses it and even does commercials for it in Europe. What the? So when she told me the price i though for sure i would flinch but when you taste the product you are amazed. With going to Mc Donald's every day i could pay this thing off within 7 months....not to mention the pods come out to 60 cents a cup. For a espresso/cappuccino lover like me??? It's welllll worth the $350. You can get just the espresso machine without the frother but why the hell would you do that! And it comes with a sample of each coffee when you buy it so you can test them out. Yes, you do have to order them online but i still dream about how easy and simple and tasty that machine was. You can get it online at Crate and Barrel or William and Sonoma. The shipping is free and it comes in various colors....and you can order your pods from Nespresso direct. And if something goes wrong with the machine the lady said they will send you a new one. hell I'm sold.Now if i can just convince Santa to go halfers with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment